Sunday, June 7, 2009

Almost There!

All of a sudden, it's almost time for our fund raising dinner and auction. We've been feeling very on top of things, everything getting done when it should be, but all of a sudden all of the last minute jobs are totally overwhelming! Thank goodness for my personal assistant and right-hand friend, Zoe!! She keeps me organized and on-task and is working diligently to keep me sane ... should have her on board YEARS ago!! Although, failing miserably at the last task, she's doing a great job of making sure that I am where I need to be and doing what needs to be done at the right time. She refused to let me cancel a dental appointment on Monday ... she knew it would probably be the only hour I'd be able to sit still all week.

We are so excited about the auction. This community (and our broader "community" of friends and family) have been remarkable. We have everything from original art-work to hand-made quilts to exotic jewellery to golf packages to NHL memorabilia to bird houses. The list goes on and on!

If you are able, please come on out to Zion Church at 5:30 Friday, June 12. We'd love to see you!

No comments: